Belfast International Airport (BFS) Information
(Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK)
Major airlines at Belfast City Airport (BFS), offer a large number of departures and also smaller airlines offer low-cost, no-frill airlines with a more limited number of flights arriving and departing from the airport.
Belfast International Airport (BFS)
Address: Belfast, BT29 4AB, Northern Ireland, UK
Tel: +44 (0)28 9448 4848
The airport is situated 30 km / 18 miles to the north-west of central Belfast and has good connections to the city. This busy airport deals with large numbers of passengers throughout the year and has excellent facilities.
Belfast International Airport (BFS) Guide
Belfast International Airport (BFS) has one main terminal building, serving a large number of different airlines at the airport.
- Bureau de change
- 24-hour cash machines (ATMs), Internet kiosks and postal facilities
- Cafés, fast-food outlets, bars and an airport food court area
- Shopping area with many shops, including a newsagents, Belfast gift shops, bookstores and duty-free
- Car hire companies - including Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and National Car Rental
- Business facilities are available at Belfast International Airport's Business Lounge, which offers Internet access, fax machines, photocopying, televisions, and there are also extensive conference facilities are the airport's Fitzwillam International Hotel
- Short-term parking is available close to Belfast International Airport
- Long-term economy parking is located close to Belfast International Airport (BFS), with direct access to the airport's terminal building
- Special facilities for disabled passengers
Belfast International Airport has excellent connections to central Belfast and is surrounded by a network of major roads. The centre of Belfast is well signposted and Belfast can be reached quickly and easily by travelling on the nearby A57, and then Belfast's M2 motorway.
Tel: +44 (0)28 9024 6485
The Antrim Train Station is the nearest train station to Belfast International Airport and is located 10 km / 6 miles from the airport. Regular 'Antrim Airlink' buses connect this popular train station to Belfast International Airport and these depart from outside of the airport's terminal building at regular intervals from Monday to Friday
Buses and Coaches
Tel: +44 (0)28 9066 6630
Buses are readily available at Belfast International Airport (BFS) and travel to many areas of central Belfast. The bus services at Belfast International Airport (BFS) are operated by Airbus and depart from the airport's terminal building. Buses travel from Belfast International Airport (BFS) to Glengall Street bus station and also stop at Templepatrick. Coaches travel further afield from Belfast International Airport and these are operated by Airporter coaches.
Tel: +44 (0)28 9448 4353
Taxis are located at the airport's large taxi rank which is situated outside the terminal at Belfast International Airport (BFS). They provide a convenient and easy way to travel into nearby Belfast and other destinations. The journey from Belfast Airport to central Belfast will take around 45 minutes, depending on traffic. Official Belfast International Airport taxi cabs should be used at all times to ensure safety and also to avoid being overcharged.
The airport taxi meters at Belfast International Airport (BFS) start at a basic fare, but additional charges are usually made for luggage, late-night driving and travel on public holidays in Belfast, so it can prove useful to ask the taxi driver about these before leaving. Some Belfast Airport taxis are happy to accept credit cards.