Vancouver International Airport (YVR) Information
(Vancouver, British Columbia - BC, Canada)
Canada's second-busiest air facility is Vancouver International Airport, an impressively contemporary hub serving this vibrant Canadian metropolis and British Columbia province. More than 17 million people fly through Vancouver's airport annually, on dozens of global carriers that service destinations across the world.
There are three terminals based here, although the Domestic and International terminals are essentially one building divided into international and domestic wings. Vancouver Airport frequently wins awards for style and efficiency, and all of its concourses boast impressive options for eating, shopping and general refreshments, as well as other useful travel services.
The Fairmont Vancouver Airport Hotel, known for its stunning views and business facilities, is located right at the terminal. Wireless Internet, baggage carts and everything from spas to health-care centers and VIP lounges ensure that passengers have plenty of distractions while waiting for their flight.
Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
Address: 3211 Grant McConachie Way, Richmond, British Colombia, BC, V7B 1Y7, Canada, CA
Tel: +1 604 207 7077
Located just 8 miles / 13 km south of downtown Vancouver, this airport is easily accessible to drivers from any part of the metropolis thanks to a variety of direct highway connections.
Vancouver International Airport Guide
- The Royal Bank of Canada has complete banking services in the Domestic Terminal
- ICE currency exchange services are offered in all three terminals
- A surprisingly large variety of eateries are on hand in each of the terminals, including the Palomino Bar and Grill, Stanley's Happy Landing Lounge, Starbucks, Tim Hortons and Vera's Burger Shack
- Shops featuring reading material, gifts, fashion, flowers, personal care, electronics and duty free goods are in abundance throughout the airport. Hudson News, Pacific Coast News, and Relay are amongst the main brands of newsagent available onsite
- Five car rental companies are represented outside Arrivals, including Hertz, Avis, Budget and Dollar
- The Plaza Premium Lounge has branches in each of the terminals
- Convenient accommodation is available right at the terminal, at the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel, which also caters to business events
- Covered parking and economy lots are serviced by a terminal train, or passengers can use the valet service for the ultimate convenience
Cars and Taxis
The city's main highways connect Vancouver International Airport to other parts of the city, making it easy for drivers to get here from anywhere in the area. Over 500 licenced taxis work onsite 24 hours, using meters to accurately calculate fares into Vancouver. Town cars and limousines are also available for a touch of class.
Many of the city's best hotels offer complimentary airport pick-ups for their guests. Aeroshuttle, which runs frequent trips from the airport into downtown, connecting most of the hotels, is an alternative. Long-distance coaches arrive here from popular resort spots like Whistler and Vancouver Island.
A new rapid transport link whisks travelers from the airport to downtown Vancouver and downtown Richmond in under 30 minutes. The Canada Line is a convenient and affordable way to get to and from both the city and surrounding destinations - in style.