Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA) Information
(Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, UK)
Having started life as Yeadon Aerodrome in 1931, Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA) is now a 24-hour airport which has been used by well over 1.5 million passengers.
Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA)
Address: Leeds, LS19 7TU, England
Tel: +44 (0)113 250 9696
Leeds Airport is situated 18 km / 11 miles to the north-west of central Leeds, 11 km / 7 miles north of Bradford and is just 53 km / 33 miles from Leeds city centre. This busy airport handles offers domestic and charter airport flights, together with some international airport flights to major European cities.
Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA) has one large airport terminals, serving a large number of different airlines at the airport.
Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA) Travel Guide
- Bureau de change
- 24-hour cash machines (ATMs) and postal facilities
- Numerous cafés, fast food outlets and bars
- Several retail shops, including newsagents, a bookstore, gift shops and duty-free
- Car hire companies - including Avis, Hertz and Europcar
- Business facilities are available at airport's Terminal 1 Departures Lounge, with work stations, telephones, Internet access, fax machines, large meeting rooms and general business facilities
- Passenger pick-up areas are located close to the airport's main building
- Short-term parking is available with direct access to Leeds Airport (LBA)
- Long-term economy parking is located close to Leeds Airport (LBA) and a regular courtesy airport shuttle bus is available
- Special facilities for disabled passengers
Leeds city centre is well-sign posted from Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) and can be reached by heading towards the main A64 road. The journey from Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) into Leeds city centre will take around 20 minutes, depending upon traffic.
Buses and Coaches
Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) has a regular bus service that connects the airport to Leeds city centre train station and bus station. Known as the 757 Airlink, these airport bus run daily between Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) and the Bradford Transport Interchange, with a travel time of around 20 to 40 minutes.
Coaches provide long-distance coach services from Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA). Operated by National Express Coaches, the airport's coaches travel to many major cities and locations, including London airports.
Taxis are readily available at Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA), outside of the airport's terminal building. Taxis at Leeds Airport provide a popular way to travel into Leeds city centre and the taxi journey should take around 20 minutes, depending upon traffic.
The airport taxi meters at Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBA) start at a basic fare, but additional charges are usually made for luggage, late-night driving and travel on public holidays in Leeds, so it can prove useful to ask the taxi driver about these before leaving. Many of the taxis at Leeds Airport are happy to accept credit cards.